Bicycle Tour Description
When the sun goes down the fun goes up on a lit up bike! You’ll experience all the fun, energy, history, and quirkiness that nighttime Tucson offers, including:
- University of Arizona – While the sun is setting, check out the gorgeous campus. Hard to believe nobody wanted it.
- Historic Miracle Mile – While the innovation of a divided highway no longer warrants much attention, vintage neon signs certainly do.
- Speedway – Life Magazine’s “Ugliest street in America” in the 70’s. Arizona Highway’s “street of the year” in the 90’s. Debate who was correct over a delicious Banh Mi sandwich.
- 4th Avenue – Pedal down Tucson’s liveliest street, past funky shops and bustling bars. For something more hands on, perhaps a round of pinball.
- Downtown – Literally ride through historic buildings. Yes, we are using literally correctly!
- Barrio Libre – Be free as you glide along the most tranquil narrow streets in the city.
- Barrio Santa Rosa – Enjoy Sonoran street food next to Arizona’s largest mud adobe building.
- Armory Park & Iron Horse – Home of a legendary diving lady and dive bar.
The tour includes an individually fitted bicycle with lights, helmet, reflective vest, water, and, of course, a safety-oriented and knowledgeable guide. The tour includes food. Typically it is a visit to Vietnamese and Mexican food trucks, but specific nightly offerings can vary.
The tour is approximately 11 miles on flat terrain and takes about 3 to 3½ hours.
Departure Time: Just before sunset (specific times listed in reservation system)
Differences by Night: For the liveliest atmosphere, join a Thursday through Saturday tour. For a more peaceful experience, choose Sunday through Wednesday.
Price: $65 per person. ($58.28 + ticket fee and taxes, which all licensed tours must pay)